Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Updated the update.

Hey readers!!!

                I have, once more, another update for you all. This update is (95%) final; as in it will not change again. This update also changes and corrects my itinerary in my last blog post. I can never seem to make up my mind! I am going to try to post every couple of weeks about how the planning for my trip is progressing. Hey! Maybe I will even post packing tips or something of that sort. Who knows?

                My current plans for the entire trip are pretty much set in stone. The trip is going to last from December 13th until December 23rd. Once I get to England on the 14th I will be immediately heading from London to Canterbury. During this time I will be rejoicing because this semester will be finally over and I won’t ever have to look at my evil 20 page paper that I am currently procrastinating on, ever again. I will also probably be staring out of a high-speed train window in an exhaustion induced daze. Mainly because I will be boarding my plane around 7pm and getting to London around 1pm. Sounds terrible right? I have a two hour layover in Dublin, Ireland. So my first flight from Chicago to Dublin is about 8 hours long, and the flight from Dublin to London is about an hour and twenty minutes. Then I have to go through customs at some point, and I also have the train ride from London to Canterbury; which could take anywhere from an hour to three. I am probably going to be exhausted.

                After I get to Canterbury, since I have to stay up, I will probably walk around the city and try to remember all of my favorite places. I really want to find some of the restaurants that I ate at. I have been craving spinach and lentil soup for a year now. It is getting ridiculous. Hopefully I will be able to get a decent amount of sleep because on the 15th the student group from Carl Sandburg College will be arriving. I am still not 100% sure on what time they will be getting there, but I want to be prepared for an 8am wake-up call. Just in case.

                The next day will be filled with tours, sights, sounds, and all that is wonderful about Canterbury. Can you tell I am biased yet? I may get to take the students out to dinner or something as well. It should be fun! I’m pretty excited about all of this!

                On the 17th I will be saying “BYE!” to the CSC group and head off to Cardiff, Wales while they head off to (I believe) Germany. Hope they all bring warm winter coats. And snow boots. Definitely need snow boots. While in Cardiff I will be going to the Doctor Who Experience. I have been told by most of my friends that I have to take pictures, or they won’t believe that I went.

                I will be in Cardiff until the 19th, and then I will be heading back to London, England. I may make a few days trips to cities nearby, but I am not sure yet. I know that while I am there I will be seeing the play Richard III at the Barbican Theatre, staring David Tennant. Did I mention David Tennant will be in the play? I will also be seeing Henry V at the Noel Coward Theatre, staring Jude Law. Did I mention JUDE LAW. I have binoculars and maybe I’ll be able to use a camera to get a picture. Probably not, but I will definitely have to get something. Or my friends will not believe that I actually saw either of them. The final play that I will be going to while in London is Phantom of the Opera. I’m so excited to see it. I know every word of every song. I’ll have to refrain from singing along.

                Also while I am in London I am hoping to go to the Borough Market and to their Winter Wonderland that they have every year. My hostel is right next to the market, so that should be fairly easy. I just hope that they are open while I am there. The London Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park sounds AMAZING. I am hoping to get to go to the Circus and the Circus Berserk. I also want to see the Ice Castle that they are building.

                The food, the shows, the people. I am just so excited to get back to the U.K. It almost feels like I am homesick. Here’s to going to my second home soon.

Hasta luego.

Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment