Search This Blog

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Orientation

Hello once again readers. This blog entry will be brief, probably. Just a few days ago I went through my study abroad orientation. It was interesting, to say the least. I met the group of people that I will be traveling and even living with while in England.

I know few things about rules and such now. I may not have a roommate. My host family may in fact be just one person, like an elderly lady. The drinking age in England is 18, but we cannot get drunk. To do this would be rude, obviously, to the host family, and may cost us our stay in England. There are no true set of rules. The main statement that could be considered a rule is: Do not break the law. If you do, you are on your own. I don’t know about you, dear reader, but being stuck in a foreign country, all alone, with no way of getting home until your preset date, and no place to stay does not sound like a fun time.

I believe plans are going to be made for one of the other student’s birthday. He wishes to go to Dublin, Ireland and I think he intends to drag us along with him. I say ‘drag’ with a positive tone, since I to wish to see Ireland as well.

Schooling over in England is very different than in America, or so I am told. Some classes, apparently, only meet once a week and it is up to the student to make appointments with tutors and teachers for help with the material being taught. Also, finals are less of a test and more of a multi-page paper due on the subject of the class.

Anyways, my tuition is paid, and my plane ticket is ready. Now all I have to do is get through finals, pack my bags, celebrate Christmas, and wait for January 8th to roll around, though not necessarily in that order. I have to admit I am beginning to get nervous, excited, but nervous. I feel like I should be preparing to pack something else other than clothes, an umbrella, and other such necessities, but I can’t think of what. Oh well, I’m sure something will pop up.

For now I will leave you here. Buenas noches mi lectores.

No comments:

Post a Comment