Search This Blog

Monday, February 7, 2011

So, How's the Weather?

Hello once again readers. I hope you are having fun with all the snow and other charming weather patterns that seem to be happening everywhere back home. It is pretty much normal here in Canterbury, UK. Though I will say it has gotten insanely windy here lately…..but it’s in the upper 40s and lower 50s. Heh, I can already see the comments I will be getting to that.

I am going to do something a little entertaining for your guys. I will be finding slang words over here and translating them to American English and vice versa. I will try to have at least 5 new words every post and when I finally come home I will make a complete list and post it.

This weekend we go on our London field trip, which I believe includes the Tower of London and a tour of the Shakespeare Globe Theatre. After the field trip is over I am staying with a group overnight in London. So I will be able to achieve more sightseeing and picture taking; which I know everyone back home is waiting for.

On the 18th Reading week starts. Reading week is the equivalent to Spring Break, only it’s actually a week long. OH! MY! GOSH! Shocking isn’t it? Actually it’s more than a week long; about 11 days really. From the 18th to the 22nd I will be in Rome, Italy. On the 20th I, along with my friends, will be going on a trip to Naples and Pompeii which, for those of us that are geographically (and possibly historically) challenged, it right next to Mt. Vesuvius. You know, and active volcanoes? Yeah…..Altitude sickness isn’t the only thing I’ll have to worry about.

One the morning of the 22nd we will be flying to Madrid, Spain. We are staying for one night and will leaving on the night of the 23rd to head back to London. From there I may meet some friends in Ireland, but I am not quite sure yet.

Other than those bits of information nothing has really happened. I got a cold and couldn’t go to Dover Castle with my group, but I am hoping that I can go before I leave; even if only to take pictures. I will post more later as things happen. As my host family says at all times of the day; Good morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment