Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Dinner and a Movie

Hello once again readers. Today was my first day of classes that involve a large portion of English students and that aren’t required for me to take while here. Today was World Religions, and it was a bit rushed. We got through about 8 civilizations before the 2 hour long class was finished. The main sections we are going to study are my least favorite; which I won’t go into because that could eventually lead up to an argument that I won’t win, even thought I might be right. When religion comes into the conversation things tend to get, um, fiery? That sounds like a good word to use right now. Anyways, no matter how many facts I state I will be wrong and whoever I am arguing will be right. That’s just how things tend to go. Moving on.

I went to my first movie over here in England, and it’s cheaper. Well if you convert the money into American dollars it probably wasn’t cheaper, but it’s the *insert word that I cannot think of here* of the thing. The movie theaters over here, like everything else, seem to be advanced. They have the large coolers like you see as gas stations and grocery stores, full of pop and ice cream. You can also buy candy by the 100 grams for about 1.30 pounds, and they have A LOT of candy choices. They have the standard popcorn, hot dogs, soda, and Iceys of course, but come on, its CANDY!

Anyways, I saw The King’s Speech with my friends Stephanie, Courtney, Lindsey, Kyle, and Alyssa. It was a very good movie. If you guys in American haven’t seen it yet, you should. It is hilarious and if you are a fan of Helen Bonham Carter, or anything of the Harry Potter characters that tend to appear in her movies (Pettigrew) then you will love it as well. It is very moving and will surprise you at how funny it really is. The previews don’t do it justice.

I also had my first experience with Thai food, which is pretty much, stir fry. It was good, but my Ma’s stir fry is always better. Not sure what else to tell you guys. Nothing else has really seemed to happen yet. Plus, I don’t think I’ve fully realized that I’m over 4,000 miles away from home yet, not to mention in another country. It’ll probably hit me once I see Big Ben or Buckingham Palace this weekend. Oh well, more to tell then I guess. Talk to y’all later.

3 comments:

  1. WOW!!!! Big Ben or Buckingham Palace???? I'm so jealous and so pruod of you (like I have said before :) ) have a great time!
    Love, Mom
    PS...thanks about the stir-fry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Principle is the word I believe you were looking for. =] And what in the world is Big Ben? I'm confused. And it was good to talk to you this mornin. Maybe I'll talk on fb soon if we ever are on at the same time. Ta ta for now. =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so proud of you. Sounds like you are having some great experiences and making lots of friends! Religion courses are always a good discussion in a diverse group. Hang on to your principles!! Grandma Jo

    ReplyDelete